Monday, February 16, 2009

Weddings are a family affair

Weddings are about so much more than just the bride and groom-- they are truly a family affair. I used to kind of think that concept was a little annoying and not for me. A year ago I would just assume take our immediate families and a few close friends on a trip to Cabo or the Mediterranean coast and get married there. However, family has become increasingly important to me and I can't imagine my wedding without my family present including all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. Being back home in the Seattle area with them has been a great blessing over the last year and I've thoroughly enjoyed being able to attend the family dinners and events.

We're still debating the exact date, it will either be May 23rd or June 6nd now. Originally we were going to get married on May 2nd, but coordinating everyone's schedule has been complicated.

My sister Jessica actually got engaged in late January and she's also trying to make some decisions and decide where to have it. It's been fun getting to do some planning with her. She and her fiance Chris are graduate students at Princeton Seminary and finishing up their second year. My cousin Keith also proposed to his fiance Morgan over Christmas and they are planning on getting married a year from now. It's interesting how the three of us all got engaged around the same time. One of the things I've loved most is having a sister and soon-to-be cousin to bounce ideas off of and celebrate with!

Well, all this to say that I'm still not sure where Brodie and I will be getting married.... It's been hard to give up a SoCal wedding because we did want a beach outdoor event and the northwest isn't exactly the most reliable for that weather wise. We also have a guest list of about 300 people when we factor in all our family and friends, so finding venues that can host that many people hasn't been the easiest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment