Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hire a wedding coordinator....

I highly recommend either appointing someone to be your point person for the day of your wedding or hiring a wedding coordinator for all or part of the wedding. (Note: this is my plug for hiring event coordinators and why we are worth the money.) I think most people think that hiring a wedding coordinator means hiring someone to do all the work for you and make suggestions. Traditionally coordinators are there from the beginning planning stages to the end to help suggest vendors and make sure every detail is taken care of. However, numerous wedding coordinators offer services and packages that include just the day of the wedding and sometimes rehearsal dinner. While this is an added cost, a wedding coordinator can save you money in the end. They tend to have access to vendor discounts and also save you lots of time and make for a stress free event. Think of them as someone who can over see all the little details to make the day perfect for you. I know the last thing I want to do on my wedding day is have to think about who is letting in the caterers or when the cake is delivered and who's setting up the flowers, etc. You want your coordinator to be the person in charge of making sure everyone has schedules and knows where they are to be on the day of the event.

At first, I wasn't going to hire a coordinator because I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the details, but since we finalized having our wedding in Santa Barbara I re-looked at the idea. Since most our guests are coming in from out of town and Brodie and I will be getting in the week before it just seemed a lot more relaxing and easier to hire someone to oversee the final details. We chose to hire La Fete Weddings and I feel really fortunate that we were able to secure them for our wedding. Kaitlin is going to be our main coordinator on our wedding day. I sat down with her Thursday and she was very helpful and immediately put me at ease. Kaitlin is going to be our point person not only the wedding day but available to help us throughout the week. One of the many things I loved about La Fete and Katilin was their flexibility, knowledge, and I felt like I was talking with an old friend. We felt it was important to have someone familiar with Santa Barbara and the area available on the day of our wedding who is not part of the bridal party or one of our family members. We're positive that having Kaitlin as our coordinator during our wedding will make it a lot more enjoyable and relaxing for everyone.

Here's the link to there website with some more information about what a wedding coordinator can do and offer for you too. www.lafeteweddings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment