Monday, April 13, 2009

We hope you had a great Easter!

We hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. I love this time of year and all it stands for. Praise be to God for all he's blessed us with and given to us! This was the first Easter Brodie and I spent together so that of course made it extra special.

We spent Easter with his parents and grandmother in La Jolla. It was the first time I got to meet his maternal grandmother. Nana Janet is such an amazing woman and I look forward to spending much more time with her! We had a wonderful weekend at the beach, church, and enjoyed Easter brunch at the Hotel Del.

Later this week Brode and I will be flying out to Nashville to interview for a job. I'm trying to resist the urge to say "stupid job" right because it's actually a really good opportunity, but I just wish it wasn't in Nashville. He'd be running tact and some training excercises, but it's more of an administrative position--- which I'm 100% fond of and it would at least keep us in the states. The alternatives were going overseas some with the army or foreign service.

For now, I've been researching Nashville and reasons to either live there or not. One of the countries 10 best steak houses is in Nashville and houses the oldest bottle of wine. I'm making Brode take me to it :) Anyway, we'll be letting you know what happens.

2 comments:

  1. have fun in "new egypt" and enjoy the country music. Tell Brode to take you to Tiffany's because he's making you spend a week in the backwards country. At least there's a Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you girls are all the same. Give you something in a blue tiffanys box and all is better. And Amy, if you move to Nashville you'll end up listening to country music more than you do now and that's just not good. Oh and you better be in town for our graduation-- you are of course invited and should be graduating with us from law school. But i'm glad you're going to become a housewife now. :)

    ReplyDelete